Sunday, November 16, 2008

Shape Up or Ship Out

So as it turns out, I've gotten myself into a pretty fun workout schedule. I'm back going to aerobics in the park every morning, and to top it off I've started to get into running. I have made it a personal goal to get into ship shape. Around June of next year there will be a memorial run in honor of my Uncle Peter, an avid runner, who passed away several months ago, so hopefully I'll be able to run the entire thing. I've been running several kilometers in the park in the morning and being back at the house by 8:15am to start my day. Although I'd only been training for over one week, I ended up registering to a "Quarter Marathon" in the Bangkok Marathon! I found it to be quite a personal accomplishment.
Hok Duean: 6 months. I've been living here for exactly 6 months and it's the kind of time frame that you realize that you could absolutely stay here if it ended up that way. I have my park I work out in, a school campus, new friends, a movie theater I like, a great apartment, my own furniture, a good Kareoke place, good study habits, a perfect coffee shop, I know the bus routes, etc. You know how sometimes you wake up and you're a little hungover and the last thing you want in Asian food? That's one of the things I've had a hard time getting used to. Don't get me wrong, it will be very exciting to come home, but it's great to know that I'm so comfortable here.
I thought I would include this image of a note we received from a neighbor. We had been tying our clothes line to a little pipe between our townhouses but I guess its a pipe for their air conditioner? Whatever, at least they have one!
I'm very series.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I very series too... come home to us, my little Thai kitten...... It is winter here, so be ready.....

Matt said...

Does your mohawk aid in aerodynamics?

Miss you!

Thailand Medical Travel said...

You may have wondered where it came from and what it means.