Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Morning in Mourning


I just went on a little trip in eastern Thailand to do surveys for the past 5 days.

We did over 500 surveys in the Bangkok area, then we did 125 surveys in each of the following provinces: Chonburi, Rayong, Chanthaburi, and Trat. We ended up getting everything done ahead of schedule so we were able to spend the night on the island of Koh Chang and spend a day in the sun and swimming in the Gulf of Thailand.
What are these surveys you ask? Well since my semester ended, I have working on my Nuclear Feasibility for Thailand research project. A huge part of our work is public opinion, so we have been gathering just that. As a group we have no surveyed over 1000 Thai people and now we have to start tallying and analyzing the results.
The phrase from this title sounds like: "dichan pen naksusa techno bahngmod chuay grough ka moon di mi ka?" or, for my English speaking friends, "I am a student at KMUTT, will you please help me by filling out this survey?" Although we surveyed 1000 people, we probably asked at least 2000 people who were too busy, confused, angry at the subject, or illiterate.

Now, back to analyzing all this data!

Oh yeah! The reference of the title "the morning in mourning" is due to that I went to aerobics and ran laps this morning but I wore all black. Everyone in Thailand is wearing black today because the King's sister died one year ago today, and today will be her cremation. It's half mourning half celebration of life.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You can come to Cary and survey me about Nuclear Energy any time. Brang it!

Unknown said...

Next time anyone wants to go to Koh Chang, please visit Koh Chang Animal Foundation (Lisa). She is very nice. She helps animals on Koh Chang. And you can look for a place to stay at Koh Chang here. Accommodations are cheaper than other sites.

James cuck said...

Thanks Danny.
Thailand healthcare tourism

Auston said...

Thanks for nice post.
Iraqi Dinar