Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bitch is the New Black

And Black is the New President! This title has been inspired by my discovery of the capability of downloading Saturday Night Live sketches online. Here's what I'm talking about: "Bitch is the New Black." The rebuttle to Tina Fey explaining that yes, Hillary Clinton is a bitch, but you have to deal with that because "bitch is the new black." Tracy Morgan responds in a later sketch that "bitch may be the new black, but black is the new president." Loves it.

This past week I had a very international dinner at a restauarant where you cook all of your own food at your table with a mini-charcoal hotpot. Aside from some UNC friends, we had Ali from Iran, Yurga from Ethiopia, and Rajesh from Bangladesh.

This picture is a painting that Ruby, Dan, and I created on this wall of our apartment. It is all of our friends in the house with cockroach bodies. I am the cockroach with the martinis and the computer mouse, duh!

Friday night proved quite the adventure as well. Democrats Abroad in Thailand as well as Americans Abroad for Obama aired Barack Obama's nomination speech over a great American dinner and cocktails at the Roadhouse BBQ Restaurant in Bangkok. Let's just say it had been awhile since my mouth had feasted upon a thick juicy BLT sandwich.

This picture is of a table I found in a garbage pile in our neighborhood. It was nasty rusted plastic, but I painted it neon pink and orange. Free hot bedside table!
It has also come to my attention that I never posted decent pictures of the Farang Fortress! The images are of my house! This one is of the wall above where I sleep. I have a map of Koh Phangan, a map of Thailand, and many pictures of people I like.

I also ended up letting my friend Angela put a mohawk on my head. We were both pleased with the results.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

great new post FauxHawk ! Looks like you are still mixing it up in Bangkok ...
love, p0p

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Thailand Medical Travel said...

Relax as much as you like, adventure as much as you want.

Auston said...

I really happy to see your interesting post.
Iraqi Dinar